A total of 778 horses sold during the four sessions, producing gross sales of $9,047,400, a 0.8% decrease from the $9,127,500 generated in 2006. The open-session average of $11,629 was a 4.3% increase over last year, while the median price was up 7.7% to $7,000. The buyback percentage increased to 27.4% from last year's 26.7%.
The Aug. 24 final session produced 180 horses that sold for $1,656,000, an 8% decrease of $1,800,700 last year. The average increased 3.2% to $9,200, while the median was up 2.6% to $6,000. The buyback percentage increased to 29.9% from 25.5% in 2006.
Topping the final session was $75,000 paid by Manor Farm for a colt by City Place out of the Kissin Kris mare Kwestionable Kiss, who is a half-sister to stakes-placed Linda Love. Sold out of the Rebah Farm consignment, the colt was bred in Florida by Tim Ahearn Jr. and Marty Gibson.
The top-selling price for a filly was $60,000 paid by Webster Training Center for a daughter of Spanish Steps, who is out of the Tabasco Cat mare Kitty Comedy, a half-sister to stakes-placed The Hess Express. Sold from the Perrone Sales consignment, the filly was bred in Florida by Martin Stables.
Manor Farm also bought the top-selling colt of all four open sessions, a son of Alphabet Soup who sold for $185,000 Aug. 23. Consigned by Summerfield, the colt was produced from B Gone Blues, by Gone West, a daughter of graded stakes winner Beal Street Blues. The colt was bred in Ontario by Adena Springs.
The next auction on the OBS calendar is the fall mixed sale Oct. 8-12. A total of 1,505 horses are cataloged.
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired