Third and second in maiden events at Hollywood Park, Georgie Boy rallied on the outside turning into the stretch to win by three lengths in 1:06.67 for the 5 1/2 furlongs over Polytrack.
Because there were some bumping at the top of the stretch, the stewards inquired into the running of the race, but ruled that the winner was not the cause. The original result stood.
My Redeemer, an 18-1 outsider under Isaias Enriquez, closed strongly to be second, 2 1/4 lengths in front of Mix, with Kris the Red fourth in the field of eleven juveniles. Deputy Bertrando and Run Brother Ron, the 7-5 favored entry, finished seventh and last, respectively.
Georgie Boy, a son of Tribal Rule owned and bred by George Schwary and trained by Kathy Walsh, returned $9.20, $5.60 and $4.80 while earning $84,030.
My Redeemer paid $15.80 and $9.20 and Mix paid $9 to show.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap