Saratoga Race Course’s 139th meeting got off to a strong start July 25 with an an attendance of 30,052, which accounted for on-track handle of $3,825,564, an opening day track record for handle on Spa races.
The handle on the 10-race card beat the previous Spa record of $3,789,795 set last year.
All-source handle on Wednesday was $15,282,907, down slightly from 2006’s all-source handle of $15,533,027.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong