John Messara was elected president of the Thoroughbred Breeders Australia during a meeting of its board July 20.
Messara is also the chairman of Aushorse and sits on the Australian Pattern Committee.
The election took place after the announcement that Aushorse had become a member of the TBA and that Messara and Ken Barry had been appointed as directors on the TBA board.
Trevor Lobb (TBNSW) was re-elected vice president and Sally Oakes (TBWA) was re-elected treasurer.
“This development will result in Australian breeders having one powerful voice, which I believe will allow our industry to progress," Messara said in a statement.
The TBA was established in 1919, and is the federal body of the Thoroughbred breeding associations in each state. The TBA board of directors consists of two representatives from each state association, including Aushorse.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award