Ward Stables' 2-year-old Yankee Victor filly overcame a slow start under jockey Carlos Gonzalez.
The 43-year-old Calhoun, a native of Grand Prairie, Texas, is currently leading the Lone Star Park trainer standings by one victory over perennial champion Steve Rasmussen, 50-49, with three weeks remaining.
Calhoun received his training license at Louisiana Downs in 1993 and saddled his first winner, Ramjet, in 1994 at the now defunct Trinity Meadows. He has 42 stakes wins going into the weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta