Ward Stables' 2-year-old Yankee Victor filly overcame a slow start under jockey Carlos Gonzalez.
The 43-year-old Calhoun, a native of Grand Prairie, Texas, is currently leading the Lone Star Park trainer standings by one victory over perennial champion Steve Rasmussen, 50-49, with three weeks remaining.
Calhoun received his training license at Louisiana Downs in 1993 and saddled his first winner, Ramjet, in 1994 at the now defunct Trinity Meadows. He has 42 stakes wins going into the weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule