The Aidan O'Brien trainee was coming off of a second place finish to Nijoom Dubai in the Albany Stakes (Eng-III) at Royal Ascot last time out, where she had been installed as the heavy favorite. You'resothrilling and jockey Mick Kinane endured an eventful trip, however, and could get no closer than 1 1/4-lengths to the winner that day.
The 2-year-old full sister to champion Giant's Causeway again was heavily backed, and this time did not disappoint her fans.
Breaking alertly from the gate, You'resothrilling was kept on the stands' side rail by Kinane, running second in her group of four. The field had broken into three separate groups as they raced down the straightaway, with Francesca D'Giorgio leading the entire field for the first half-mile of the six furlong event.
You'resothrilling overhauled the pacesetter with a furlong left, and had plenty in the tank as she powered away to win easily.
Festoso, racing in the middle group, ran on well to capture second. Elletelle, winner of the Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot last time out, got up for third, just a neck behind Festoso.
Time for the six furlongs over a good turf course was 1:11.66.
Kinane told reporters after the race, “She's nice, a lovely filly, and when she steps up in trip she's going to get better.”
You'resothrilling is a 2-year-old daughter of Storm Cat out of Mariah's Storm, by Rahy. She was bred in Kentucky by Pacelco.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru