Baumgardner comes to the NTRA from the Louisville law firm Wyant, Tarrant & Combs, where she had been CFO since 2005. Prior to that, Baumgardner worked for 16 years at Churchill Downs Inc., where she served from 1989-2005 as vice president of finance.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Vicki at Wyant, Tarrant & Combs and at Churchill Downs, and she distinguished herself at both places as a highly successful financial professional with a proven track record of business analysis and budgetary skills,” said NTRA president and chief executive officer Alex Waldrop.
“I’ve worked with the organization on a number of projects during my career, and l look forward to becoming a member of the team and to combining my professional strengths with one of my favorite passions – horses,” stated Baumgardner.
The announcement of Baumgardner’s hiring comes three days after the NTRA announced it had hired Terry McElfresh as senior vice president of NTRA Purchasing.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog