Hollywood Park, acting on test results, has ordered additional wax for the top layer of its synthetic racing surface.
“There has been a decrease in wax content in the top layer,” general manager Eual Wyatt Jr. said. “The change is probably a natural occurrence with the enormous amount of traffic we have had on this racetrack. The tests indicate the pad under the top layer is relatively unchanged from when it was originally put down.”
Hollywood Park’s all-weather surface, known as Cushion Track, was installed last summer and opened in mid-September. It was manufactured by Equestrian Surfaces of Burnley, England.
“We will be meeting with their representatives this weekend to determine the timing and method of the application,” Wyatt said.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale