The popular 3-year-old filly gained national acclaim when she followed up her win in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with a victory in the June 9 Belmont Stakes, becoming the first filly in 102 years to capture the final jewel of horse racing’s Triple Crown.
Trainer Todd Pletcher will update the blog twice a week on the latest doings of the A.P. Indy filly. The site also includes a Rags to Riches photo gallery, video of her 2007 stakes races, biographical information on the filly and Pletcher, and a special feature through which fans will be able to ask Team Pletcher questions about Rags to Riches, who is owned by Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith.
“We are delighted to offer fans this vehicle for staying in touch with racing’s newest superstar, and we thank Todd Pletcher and his staff for their gracious cooperation on this project,” stated Keith Chamblin, senior vice president of communications and industry relations for the NTRA.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder