The Longacres Mile (gr. III), the most important race in the Pacific Northwest since its inception in 1935, will be sponsored by TVG in 2007 and include Breeders' Cup incentives with a record $400,000 purse.
The Emerald Downs race on Aug. 19 takes on additonal value this year as an important prep of dirt milers from around the country for the newly created $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile at Monmouth Park on Oct. 26.
"We're honored to be the sponsor of the Longacres Mile presented by TVG," said David Nathanson, general manager of TVG. "This race is widely regarded as the most prestigious and important race in the Northwest and, with its new position as a prep race for the new Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, we are working with our partners at Emerald Downs and the Breeders' Cup to enhance its significance."
"We were thrilled when TVG approached us about The Mile and are now partners in its successes," said Ron Crockett, Emerald Downs track president. "We look forward to working together to attract an exciting field of challengers for our talented local division of older horses."
For more information on Emerald Downs and The Longacres Mile presented by TVG please visit www.emeralddowns.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Turfway Adds Starter Handicap Honoring Hansen
- Illinois Leaders Launch New Incentive Program
- Tony Ryan Book Award Semi-Finalists Announced