The Longacres Mile (gr. III), the most important race in the Pacific Northwest since its inception in 1935, will be sponsored by TVG in 2007 and include Breeders' Cup incentives with a record $400,000 purse.
The Emerald Downs race on Aug. 19 takes on additonal value this year as an important prep of dirt milers from around the country for the newly created $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile at Monmouth Park on Oct. 26.
"We're honored to be the sponsor of the Longacres Mile presented by TVG," said David Nathanson, general manager of TVG. "This race is widely regarded as the most prestigious and important race in the Northwest and, with its new position as a prep race for the new Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, we are working with our partners at Emerald Downs and the Breeders' Cup to enhance its significance."
"We were thrilled when TVG approached us about The Mile and are now partners in its successes," said Ron Crockett, Emerald Downs track president. "We look forward to working together to attract an exciting field of challengers for our talented local division of older horses."
For more information on Emerald Downs and The Longacres Mile presented by TVG please visit www.emeralddowns.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet