“With the growing export of North American simulcast signals to Europe, Euroform fills a need in the trans-Atlantic simulcast information market by presenting North American handicapping information in a format European race fans are accustomed to,” said Matt McCoy, Equibase’s manager of eBusiness operations and development.
The Euroform program includes a statistical summary for each horse that displays its Equibase class rating, as well as its race record, earnings, and top Equibase speed figure by a number of different criteria, including track, surface, distance, year, and career; a synopsis of each runner’s prior three starts, including the top three finishers with brief trip notes and Equibase Speed Figures for each, final time, margins for the first six finishers, and a key race index; and weights displayed in both pounds and stones.
Euroform also includes links to basic program information and to traditional Equibase past performances for additional detailed handicapping information.
“While the Euroform program was designed specifically with the overseas simulcast market in mind, it may also serve the needs of race fans in North America who, for one price, can use both the Euroform and the traditional Equibase past performances when handicapping a race card,” added McCoy.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes