HorseRacing TV's recent airing of a special on Barbaro, winner of the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), which chronicled the colt's gallant fight for life after his Preakness Stakes (gr. I) breakdown through a series of interviews done with esteemed surgeon Dr. Dean Richardson, will be available on DVD beginning Friday, June 15.
The special, which appeared on HRTV's "Inside Information" show, will be available for $14.99, including tax, plus $5 for shipping and handling. All profits from sales of the DVD will be donated to The Laminitis Fund at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center for the funding of research in this often fatal equine disease.
"The story of Barbaro, while courageous, ultimately had a very sad ending," said Amy J. Zimmerman, HRTV's Executive Producer. "Fans from around the country have asked for copies of the DVD and we thought this was the best way to accommodate them, with all of the profits going towards finding both a prevention of and cure for laminitis."
Fans may order the DVD by calling 800 675-2114 or via the Internet at http://champions.stores.yahoo.net/baiindvd.html.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby