"She’s a full sister," said an enthusiastic Bill Currin right after the race. Currin bred and owns Ever So Pretty in partnership with Al Eisman, the same partnership that bred and races Stormello. "We’re pointing her for the Landaluce."
The $100,000 Landaluce Stakes at Hollywood Park is June 30 at Hollywood over six furlongs.
A daughter of Stormy Atlantic --Wilshewed, by Carson City, Ever So Pretty ran the distance in :58.55. She acted up slightly at the starting gate, requiring her to be loaded without Smith aboard. But once the gate opened, she went right about her business.
Currin added that the mare, Wilshewed, is back in foal to Stormy Atlantic. He said that Stormello is scheduled to run in the June 9 Woody Stephens Breeders’ Cup (gr. II) over seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Currin’s wife, Betty is instrumental in much of the couple’s racing and breeding operations. She said that the plan is to point Stormello for the July 14 Swaps Breeders’ Cup Stakes (gr. II) and run stakes winner Freesgood in the June 17 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III), both at Hollywood.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog