Austin Miller, who has spent the last 15 years in managerial positions in the casino industry, has been named to the new position of vice president and general manager of slots operations and OTBs at Fair Grounds Race Course, track president Randall Soth announced Friday.
Miller, 43, comes to Fair Grounds after spending the last two years as vice president of gaming operations at Harrah’s New Orleans. Among his duties at Fair Grounds, Miller will oversee all aspects of the track’s new slot-machine gaming facility.
Pending a final approval from the New Orleans City Council, Fair Grounds is slated to open a temporary slot-machine gaming facility later this year while construction of a permanent facility progresses.
“The hiring of Austin Miller is another major step in our progress toward opening Churchill Downs Incorporated’s first slot-machine gaming facility,” Soth said. “We are thrilled to have someone with Austin’s gaming experience on our team.”
Miller, a native of Minneapolis, began his career in the casino industry at Grand Casinos in Plymouth, Minn., before moving to Mississippi in 1995. Miller worked at the Grand Casinos in Biloxi, Gulfport and Tunica and in Caesars Entertainment’s mid-south regional office in Gulfport. In 2003, Miller was promoted to senior vice president of operations for Grand Casino Gulfport, a position he held until moving to Harrah’s New Orleans in June 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements