Nominations close June 1 for Del Mar’s two premier stakes for 2-year-olds – the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) for fillies and the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
The championship events will be renewed for 2007 on Sept. 3 (Debutante) and Sept. 5 (Futurity).
The nomination fee for each race is $250 with no sustaining payments required. Both races are run at seven furlongs with $250,000 guaranteed purses.
Nomination forms for the juvenile features can be downloaded on line at the Del Mar Web site, www.delmarracing.com, under the “Horsemen” section.
For those missing the nomination date, there is a supplemental fee of $10,000 available for each race up until time of entry.
The Futurity, which had been a grade I stakes from 1984 to 1989, returned to that level this year after being offered as a grade II event since 1990.
Last year Zayat Stables’ Point Ashley captured the Debutante and Ray and Martha Parfet’s Horse Greeley won the Futurity.
Del Mar’s 43-day season runs from July 18 to Sept. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes