Nominations close June 1 for Del Mar’s two premier stakes for 2-year-olds – the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) for fillies and the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I).
The championship events will be renewed for 2007 on Sept. 3 (Debutante) and Sept. 5 (Futurity).
The nomination fee for each race is $250 with no sustaining payments required. Both races are run at seven furlongs with $250,000 guaranteed purses.
Nomination forms for the juvenile features can be downloaded on line at the Del Mar Web site, www.delmarracing.com, under the “Horsemen” section.
For those missing the nomination date, there is a supplemental fee of $10,000 available for each race up until time of entry.
The Futurity, which had been a grade I stakes from 1984 to 1989, returned to that level this year after being offered as a grade II event since 1990.
Last year Zayat Stables’ Point Ashley captured the Debutante and Ray and Martha Parfet’s Horse Greeley won the Futurity.
Del Mar’s 43-day season runs from July 18 to Sept. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly