Last fall, Vacare won the Queen Elizabeth II Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland for trainer Christophe Clement, and the Todd Pletcher-conditioned Wait A While won the Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT).
The last two winners of the Virginia Oaks, My Typhoon and Aunt Henny, are also nominees. My Typhoon recently won the Jenny Wiley (gr. IIT) over Keeneland’s Polytrack in April.
The All Along is run prior to the $750,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT). Last year, trainer Graham Motion’s mare Film Maker set the course record in winning won her second All Along, which is for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles on the turf.
Another nominee is Eres Magica, a group I winner in Chile, who is trained by Michael Matz for Roy and Barbara Jackson’s Lael Stables. Other notable nominations include recent Hollywood Wildcat winner La Dolce Vita, Beaugay (gr. IIIT) winner Masseuse, Rampart Handicap (gr. II) winner Miss Shop, Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) winner Naughty Rafaela and Mrs. Revere (gr. IIT) winner Precious Kitten.
Patrick Biancone leads all trainers with seven nominations included Lady of Venice. Biancone trained All Along, the 1983 Horse of the Year.
Late nominations for the All Along Breeders’ Cup close June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor