Last fall, Vacare won the Queen Elizabeth II Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland for trainer Christophe Clement, and the Todd Pletcher-conditioned Wait A While won the Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT).
The last two winners of the Virginia Oaks, My Typhoon and Aunt Henny, are also nominees. My Typhoon recently won the Jenny Wiley (gr. IIT) over Keeneland’s Polytrack in April.
The All Along is run prior to the $750,000 Colonial Turf Cup (gr. IIIT). Last year, trainer Graham Motion’s mare Film Maker set the course record in winning won her second All Along, which is for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles on the turf.
Another nominee is Eres Magica, a group I winner in Chile, who is trained by Michael Matz for Roy and Barbara Jackson’s Lael Stables. Other notable nominations include recent Hollywood Wildcat winner La Dolce Vita, Beaugay (gr. IIIT) winner Masseuse, Rampart Handicap (gr. II) winner Miss Shop, Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) winner Naughty Rafaela and Mrs. Revere (gr. IIT) winner Precious Kitten.
Patrick Biancone leads all trainers with seven nominations included Lady of Venice. Biancone trained All Along, the 1983 Horse of the Year.
Late nominations for the All Along Breeders’ Cup close June 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Effort to Resolve VA Dates Fails Again
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Maryland-Based Owner Heft Dies at 94