Hidden Creek Farm’s Street Sounds left the starting gate as the 1-5 favorite, quickly spurted to the lead from her outside post, and raced on cruise the rest of the way to score an easy victory in the $60,000 Hilltop Stakes for 3-year-old fillies contested over firm turf Saturday at Pimlico.
Michael Matz trains the Canadian-bred bay daughter of Street Cry, who was winning her third straight added money race. She captured the Selima Stakes on the turf at Laurel Park and the Beaumont (gr. II) at Keeneland in her previous two outings.
Ramon Dominguez, who has won three of four starts aboard Street Sounds, was at the controls as she sped under the finish line in 1:36.66 over the one-mile distance. Ethan’s Car chased the leader throughout and finished a clear second, 5 1/4 lengths behind the winner. Cabbage Key ran third.
“That was very easy,” said Dominguez, who earned his 3,000th career victory earlier this week. “I was very pleased with the way she did it. She took me to the lead, and I felt like she was going pretty quick early on but at the same time she was very relaxed. I was very happy with her.”
Street Sounds paid $2.40, $2.10, and $2.10. Ethan's Car returned $4 and $2.40. Cabbage Key was $2.20 to show. The exacta returned $9.80 and the trifecta came back $19.60.
Bold Assurance and Paying Off scratched, reducing the field to six.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North