Two track records were set May 10 at the first training preview for the 2007 Barretts May Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training.
The clockings May 10 consisted of the first half of the catalog of horses. The second half of the catalog will preview on Friday.
The fastest quarter mile ever recorded at Barretts (and believed to be a record on a natural surface) of :20 2/5 was set by a colt by Carson City out of the stakes winning Vice Regent mare Cherie Yvonne from the consignment of B.C.3. Thoroughbreds.
The record time for a three-eighths mile work of :33 flat was also set when a colt by the freshman sire Deputy Wild Cat from the consignment of Murray Smith.
Two horses tied for the fastest eight-mile work when they broke the 10 second barrier with a final time of :9 4/5. These two horses were a colt by Doneraile Court out of the winning Mountain Cat mare Radiantly from the consignment of B.C.3. Thoroughbreds, and a colt by Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Silver Charm who is the first foal out of a half sister to Japanese sensation Washington Color from the consignment of Murray Smith. Complete results of the preview can be viewed at:
Video clips of the training preview held Thursday should be available on the Barretts Web site by Friday afternoon. Video clips of the second preview on Friday should be available by Saturday afternoon.
The auction will be held on May 15 in the Hinds Pavilion located on the grounds of Fairplex Park in Pomona, California beginning at 10:30 a.m. The sale will be broadcast live on Horse Racing Television, as well as streamed live at www.barretts.com. The catalog can be viewed on-line at:
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win