The Railbird, at seven furlongs, drew a field of 10.
The Bruce Headley-trained stretch runner broke her maiden at seven furlongs. She tuned up for the Railbird with a five-furlong work in 1:01 under jockey Alex Solis on May 4.
"She likes that distance," said Headley from his Santa Anita base. "She's very versatile."
Since her big effort in the Santa Anita Oaks, Silver Swallow ran seventh in her turf debut in the Providencia (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita on April 7.
"She should have been closer to the pace in that race," said Headley, optimistic that she will make amends in the Railbird.
Headley said the Railbird will serve as a prep for the $150,000-added Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on June 10 for Silver Swallow, who will carry the stable's hopes in the 3-year-old filly division since unbeaten Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) winner Magnificience went to the sidelines with an ankle injury that Headley estimates will keep her out for four months.
Glorification, runner-up in the California Oaks and Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Oaks in her last two starts for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, was shipped from Northern California to Hollywood Park for the Railbird.
"She breezed yesterday," said Hollendorfer May 9 from Golden Gate Fields. "I think seven furlongs will be a good distance for her."
Glorification, a gray/roan daughter of Buddha, has recorded two firsts and three seconds in five starts for owners Halo Farms and Alan Magerman. The speedster won the Tiburon Handicap at Golden Gate in January.
Michael Baze, the leading rider at the meet, has taken the Railbird call.
$100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III, Race 8, 4:50 p.m.), 3-Year-Old Fillies, 7 Furlongs
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Silver Swallow (FL), 117, Alex O. Solis
2. Unusual Beauty (CA), 117, David R. Flores
3. Forest Huntress (KY), 119, Jose Valdivia, Jr.
4. Coco Belle (KY), 119, Victor Espinoza
5. Ashley's Kitty (KY), 117, Joseph Talamo
6. Glorification (KY), 119, Michael C. Baze
7. Storm Queen (FL), 117, Richard Migliore
8. Sindy With an S (KY), 117, Martin Garcia
9. High Cholesterol (CA), 115, Brice Blanc
10. Adoradora (KY), 117, Jorge F. Chavez
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY