Churchill Downs will add dime superfectas to its wagering menu beginning with the 11-race racing program on May 11.
The wager, which allows patrons to make minimum superfecta bets of 10 cents rather than the old minimum of $1, will be available on-track only at self-service betting machines during its initial run as track officials assess its popularity and the demand for the wager. Along with its availability at those self-service terminals on-track, the wager will be available at all tracks and betting outlets in the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network.
A superfecta requires the patron to correctly select the first four finishers in a race in the correct order of finish. A $1 four-horse box in a superfecta would cost $24, while a four-horse box in a dime superfecta would cost only $2.40. The winning mutuel payout in the dime superfecta would be 1/10th of the payout generated by the $1 version of the wager.
The dime superfecta will be offered on all races that qualify for superfecta wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle