The Joseph Lacombe homebred Slew's Tizzy, won the 1 1/16-mile Lexington on the Keeneland Polytrack by 3 1/2 lengths at odds of 40-1 for trainer Gregory Fox. The dark bay or brown Tiznow colt has won two of six starts with earnings of $220,252. Robby Albarado rides Slew's Tizzy, who landed post No. 5 and was made the 5-2 morning line favorite.
Cathy and Bob Zollars' Reporting for Duty has won just once in nine starts -- a maiden victory at Hawthorne last fall -- but has recorded four consecutive runner-up finishes. The 1 1/8-mile Illinois Derby, in which he finished 2 1/4 lengths behind the winning Cowtown Cat, was the Deputy Commander colt's first stakes appearance for the Steve Asmussen trainee. Reporting for Duty, to be ridden by Chris Emigh, drew the rail was installed as the 3-1 second early choice.
Forty Grams, third-place finisher in the Lexington, was made the 4-1 third choice.
Also on the program are $125,000 divisions of the Texas Stallion Stakes for 3-year-old progeny of nominated Texas-based stallions. Both the Stymie Division (colts and geldings) and Got Koko Division (fillies) will be run at 1 1/16 miles.
$300,000 Lone Star Park Derby (gr. III, Race 10, 5:47 p.m.), 3-Year-Olds, 1 1/16 Miles
PP. Horse, Jockey, ML Odds
1. Reporting for Duty (KY), Christopher A. Emigh, 3/1
2. Forty Grams (KY), Luis S. Quinonez, 4/1
3. Moyer's Pond (KY), Justin Shepherd, 15/1
4. Takedown (KY), Glen Murphy, 8/1
5. Slew's Tizzy (KY), Robby Albarado, 5/2
6. Mr. Nightlinger (KY), Ramsey Zimmerman, 20/1
7. Reata's Rocket (ON), Rajiv Maragh, 8/1
8. Harrow Land (KY), Eusebio Razo, Jr., 6/1
9. Taksent (TX), Quincy Hamilton, 30/1
10. Slew by Slew (KY), Donald R. Pettinger, 20/1
Each assigned 122 pounds.