The 4-year-old son of Danehill Dancer--Glint In Her Eye (Arazi) was ridden to victory by Frankie Dettori, who was impressed with the way the bay put away the nine-horse field.
“He's a nice horse," the jockey told Racing Post. "He was a good three-year-old last year and seems to have improved through the winter. He won that very easily.”
Brookdale bred Jeremy, who won the Jersey Stakes last year at Royal Ascot. Stoute, who won this race a year ago with Rob Roy, would not commit to a return to Ascot this season with Jeremy, noting, “He's entered in all the top mile races but we shall have to stop and think about it.”
On a good to rim course, Jeremy had the leaders Road to Love and Final Verse in sight for the first three-quarters of a mile while racing at the back of the pack. He launched his bid on the outside to snatch the lead more than a furlong from the wire. Bahia Breeze had every opportunity for Patrick Smullen but settled for second, a neck in front of the late arriving Take A Bow. Road to Love finished fourth.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Akeed Mofeed Takes Hong Kong Cup
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel