Eclipse winner and Florida-bred Horse of the Year Miesque’s Approval has been sold to Kwazulu Natal Breeders Club and Scott Bros Highdown Stud from South Africa, it was announced by Live Oak Stud’s general manager, John Rasmussen.
“We are very happy to see Miesque’s Approval go to a farm that truly appreciates all of his accomplishments,” said Rasmussen in making the announcement April 26. "We will retain Northern hemisphere breeding rights to the horse and we wish them the best of luck.”
Coming off by far his most successful year, 8-year-old Miesque’s Approval started 2006 with a victory in the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Cloverleaf Turf and ended the year with a triumph in the $2 million NetJets Breeders’ Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs, resulting in the 2006 Eclipse Award as champion turf male.
Des Scott, of Scott Bros Highdown Stud, noted that Miesque’s Approval is the first Eclipse Award winner to retire directly to stud in South Africa.
“He was one of the toughest, soundest and most durable performers in the modern era, racing 41 times over six seasons, winning 12 races and the Breeders Cup Mile by four lengths and earning $2,648,879. We’re privileged to have him and were oversubscribed for shares.”
By Miesque's Son, Miesque's Approval is out of Win Approval, by With Approval. Martin Wolfson trained him.
Miesques Approval, whose victories included nine stakes events, will stand 2007 at Scott Bros Highdown Stud for a fee of US$7,100.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale