The Kentucky stewards have fined jockeys Elvis Trujillo and Kent Desormeaux $2,500 each for “misjudging the finish line” in the third race at Keeneland April 26.
The fines were deemed necessary by the stewards as part of giving an unsatisfactory performance.
Trujillo, aboard winner Lear’s Princess, and Desormeaux, who finished second with Ms. Sabbatical, both stood up in the saddle at the alternate finish line used only for 1 1/16-mile races. The two horses were separated at the wire for the seven-furlong race by only a nose.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate