The Kentucky stewards have fined jockeys Elvis Trujillo and Kent Desormeaux $2,500 each for “misjudging the finish line” in the third race at Keeneland April 26.
The fines were deemed necessary by the stewards as part of giving an unsatisfactory performance.
Trujillo, aboard winner Lear’s Princess, and Desormeaux, who finished second with Ms. Sabbatical, both stood up in the saddle at the alternate finish line used only for 1 1/16-mile races. The two horses were separated at the wire for the seven-furlong race by only a nose.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru