The National Weather Service 10-day forecast was extended to May 5 this morning, and it shows a 60% chance of showers in Louisville, Ky., on the first Saturday in May.
As the Derby contenders train toward the race, opinions of them will change. Undoubtedly, the forecast will change many times over the course of the next 10 days, too.
Right now, the weather service is calling for a gorgeous Kentucky Oaks day, sunny and a high of 77. The temperature stays the same for Kentucky Derby day, but there is a 60% chance of showers for the area.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick