The National Weather Service 10-day forecast was extended to May 5 this morning, and it shows a 60% chance of showers in Louisville, Ky., on the first Saturday in May.
As the Derby contenders train toward the race, opinions of them will change. Undoubtedly, the forecast will change many times over the course of the next 10 days, too.
Right now, the weather service is calling for a gorgeous Kentucky Oaks day, sunny and a high of 77. The temperature stays the same for Kentucky Derby day, but there is a 60% chance of showers for the area.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell