Gulfstream Park closes its 2007 racing season Sunday with Eclipse-winning trainer Todd Pletcher capturing his fourth consecutive title at the South Florida track.
Pletcher currently leads by a 38-27 margin over nearest rival Bill Mott.
Jockey Cornelio Velasquez has sealed his first riding title at Gulfstream with 73 victories, 10 more than second-place Edgar Prado.
Rounding out the top three on the trainers’ leader board are Anthony Sciametta Jr., with 20 tallies. Sciametta is Pletcher’s assistant and saddled the string while the boss served a suspension through the first five weeks of the meet.
Following Velasquez and Prado in the jockey standings are Rafael Bejarano, third with 62 winners, defending meet champion John Velazquez fourth with 57, and Javier Castellano, fifth with 50 victories The top five have already left for the season to campaign in Kentucky and New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy