The Todd Pletcher-trained Mo Cuishle, a grade III winner, is a slight 2-1 favorite in a small field of five entered for Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Hawthorne.
The Sixty Sails, at nine furlongs, is a companion feature with the National Jockey Club Handicap.
Tom Crouch's Kettleoneup, who in her last start lost a head decision to stakes star India, is the 5-2 second choice for trainer Michael Tomlinson.
Unlike the four-horse NJC, the Sixty Sails has three other fillies with credentials to spring a minor upset.
Millennium Farms’ Rolling Sea arrives following three consecutive victories for trainer Steve Asmussen. James Tafel’s Coolwind is grade III placed for conditioner Greg Geier, and Hugh King’s My Chicadee has also been competitive against graded company for Brian Williamson.
$250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III, Race 8, 4:26 p.m.), Fillies & Mares 3 & Up, 1 1/8 Miles
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. My Chickadee (KY), Eduardo E. Perez, 112, 9/2
2. Mo Cuishle (KY), John R. Velazquez, 114, 2/1
3. Rolling Sea (IL), Christopher A. Emigh, 115, 3/1
4. Kettleoneup (KY), Calvin H. Borel, 114, 5/2
5. Coolwind (KY), E.T. Baird, 112, 6/1
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile