The Todd Pletcher-trained Mo Cuishle, a grade III winner, is a slight 2-1 favorite in a small field of five entered for Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Hawthorne.
The Sixty Sails, at nine furlongs, is a companion feature with the National Jockey Club Handicap.
Tom Crouch's Kettleoneup, who in her last start lost a head decision to stakes star India, is the 5-2 second choice for trainer Michael Tomlinson.
Unlike the four-horse NJC, the Sixty Sails has three other fillies with credentials to spring a minor upset.
Millennium Farms’ Rolling Sea arrives following three consecutive victories for trainer Steve Asmussen. James Tafel’s Coolwind is grade III placed for conditioner Greg Geier, and Hugh King’s My Chicadee has also been competitive against graded company for Brian Williamson.
$250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III, Race 8, 4:26 p.m.), Fillies & Mares 3 & Up, 1 1/8 Miles
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. My Chickadee (KY), Eduardo E. Perez, 112, 9/2
2. Mo Cuishle (KY), John R. Velazquez, 114, 2/1
3. Rolling Sea (IL), Christopher A. Emigh, 115, 3/1
4. Kettleoneup (KY), Calvin H. Borel, 114, 5/2
5. Coolwind (KY), E.T. Baird, 112, 6/1
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome