James G. “Jimmy” Bell was elected to Keeneland’s Board of Directors at the corporation’s semi-annual meeting April 18. He is the president of Darley USA and the son of John A. Bell III, a longtime Keeneland board member who died in February.
“John Bell was a pillar of strength for our board for many years. His dedication to the industry was unparalleled and we are pleased that Jimmy will follow in his footsteps as a member of our board,” said Keeneland President and CEO Nick Nicholson.
Also during the meeting, Dr. A. Gary Lavin was elected to a three-year term on Keeneland’s Executive Committee. Lavin was elected to Keeneland’s board of directors in April 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Paulick Presented With Bergstein Award
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29