James G. “Jimmy” Bell was elected to Keeneland’s Board of Directors at the corporation’s semi-annual meeting April 18. He is the president of Darley USA and the son of John A. Bell III, a longtime Keeneland board member who died in February.
“John Bell was a pillar of strength for our board for many years. His dedication to the industry was unparalleled and we are pleased that Jimmy will follow in his footsteps as a member of our board,” said Keeneland President and CEO Nick Nicholson.
Also during the meeting, Dr. A. Gary Lavin was elected to a three-year term on Keeneland’s Executive Committee. Lavin was elected to Keeneland’s board of directors in April 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- Full OBS March Sale to be Conducted Tuesday
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- CHRB Issues Advisory for Cobalt Monitoring
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat