According to the New York Racing Association, an impending Nor’easter could produce over two inches of rain and cause wind gusts in excess of 50 miles per hour. The decision was made early Saturday afternoon.
Aqueduct will open for simulcasting with free parking and admission. Live racing at Aqueduct is to resume on April 18, with the first race going off at 1 p.m. EDT.
This was the second cancellation in recent days. The track also canceled racing April 12 following the second race when heavy rain and strong winds caused unsafe conditions.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?