According to the New York Racing Association, an impending Nor’easter could produce over two inches of rain and cause wind gusts in excess of 50 miles per hour. The decision was made early Saturday afternoon.
Aqueduct will open for simulcasting with free parking and admission. Live racing at Aqueduct is to resume on April 18, with the first race going off at 1 p.m. EDT.
This was the second cancellation in recent days. The track also canceled racing April 12 following the second race when heavy rain and strong winds caused unsafe conditions.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online