Choper, 71, of Lafayette, Calif., has served as the Earl Warren professor of public law for Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California at Berkeley since 1991.
Choper has served on the faculty as a professor of law for Boalt Hall School of Law since 1965 and was dean for 10 years. Previously, he was an associate professor of law at the University of Minnesota Law School from 1961 to 1965. Choper has been a visiting professor at many universities during his 50-year legal career, including Harvard Law School and Fordham Law School.
This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Choper declined to state his political affiliation.
Choper replaces William Bianco, whose term expired earlier this year, on the seven-member commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North