Claiborne Farm will be the presenting sponsor for HorseRacingTV’s coverage of two important grade I preps for this year's $1 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands -- the Florida Derby (gr. I) and the Arkansas Derby (gr. II).
The Florida Derby, a major stepping stone for recent Derby winners Barbaro and Monarchos, will be contested at Gulfstream Park March 31. The Arkansas Derby (gr. II), the signature race of the Oaklawn Park winter meeting, and the main prep for the popular Derby winner Smarty Jones, is slated for April 14. Both the Florida Derby and the Arkansas Derby will test top 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles.
Annually among the top breeding farms in the world, Claiborne Farm is located just outside Paris, Ky., and has been owned by the Hancock family since being established by Arthur Hancock Sr., in 1911. In its history, Claiborne has been the home of some brilliant stallions, including Mr. Prospector and Danzig.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet