Claiborne Farm will be the presenting sponsor for HorseRacingTV’s coverage of two important grade I preps for this year's $1 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands -- the Florida Derby (gr. I) and the Arkansas Derby (gr. II).
The Florida Derby, a major stepping stone for recent Derby winners Barbaro and Monarchos, will be contested at Gulfstream Park March 31. The Arkansas Derby (gr. II), the signature race of the Oaklawn Park winter meeting, and the main prep for the popular Derby winner Smarty Jones, is slated for April 14. Both the Florida Derby and the Arkansas Derby will test top 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles.
Annually among the top breeding farms in the world, Claiborne Farm is located just outside Paris, Ky., and has been owned by the Hancock family since being established by Arthur Hancock Sr., in 1911. In its history, Claiborne has been the home of some brilliant stallions, including Mr. Prospector and Danzig.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico