Flores is unbeaten in two races on Citronnade, who won the restricted Skirball Stakes last November and the San Gorgonio (gr. IIT) on Jan. 7.
“She can run off the pace or on the lead; she can do anything,” Flores said of the 4-year-old daughter of Lemon Drop Kid . “Frankel horses do anything.”
Frankel has won the Santa Ana six times in the last 15 runnings.
Citronnade has a 5-2-0 record from eight starts, with earnings of $252,800.
Conveyor's Angel, upset winner of the Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) at odds of 22-1 on Feb. 19, is back for trainer Christopher Paasch and owner C.R. Cono. Jockey Saul Arias has the return ride on the 5-year-old daughter of Conveyor.
Foxysox is the 119-pound high weight in the field of 10. Her last win came in December's Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track. Trained by Carla Gaines for owner Warren B. Williamson, the 4-year-old daughter of Foxhound also registered wins on the turf in Senorita and Providencia (gr. IIIT) on the grass during a strong 2006 season.
Corey Nakatani takes over on Foxysix as Victor Espinoza moves to Beverly Hills (gr. IIT) winner Memorette.
$150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT, Race 7, 1 1/8 Miles), Fillies & Mares 4 & Up, 1 1/8 Miles (Turf)
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Memorette (CA), 117, Victor Espinoza
2. Citronnade (KY), 117, David R. Flores
3. Riche Americaine (FR), 114, Richard Migliore
4. Grat (KY), 114, Danny Sorenson
5. Conveyor's Angel (FL), 116, Saul Arias
6. Quiet Royal (KY), 114, Garrett K. Gomez
7. Singalong (GB), 115, Alex O. Solis
8. Flip Flop (FR), 114, Brice Blanc
9. Foxysox (GB), 119, Corey S. Nakatani
10. Solva (GB), 115, Aaron T. Gryder
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar