Jockey Jeremy Rose and trainer Scott Lake showed why they are leading the Laurel Park standings when they teamed up to win four races from eight starters Sunday.
Hopping down off of Baby On The Go ($4) after the fourth race, a beaming Rose said, “I love it. Any time I get to ride for Mr. Lake, it’s a pleasure. It’s always great when you ride eight, and they’re all live instead of riding seven or eight on average and only one is live. They’re all live today, and it’s a lot of fun.”
Rose won Sunday’s opener aboard Dave’s Jet ($3.60), came back to take the third with Prize Note ($3.80), and completed a riding triple with Baby On The Go. He still had four mounts to go, and in race five he swept to victory atop My Charmian ($10.80). Rose had two seconds from his other four mounts.
During the past seventeen live racing days, Lake has won 25 races. Rose has been aboard 23 of them.
The duo teamed up for three-win afternoons at Laurel on Jan. 28, Feb. 22, and March 8.
Rose leads the Laurel riding colony with 58 victories, while Lake sits atop the trainer standings during the winter stand with 37 first-place finishes.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff