My Typhoon Returns in Tampa's Hillsborough
Trained by Bill Mott, My Typhoon, a 5-year-old mare by Giant's Causeway , is the 5-2 morning line favorite among 10 entered in the 1 1/8-mile event. She won both the Mint Julep (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs and the Ballston Spa (gr. IIT) at Saratoga last year. Eddie Castro is aboard the lifetime earner of more than $600,000. In the 1 3/8-mile F&M Turf, My Typhoon led the field into the stretch before wilting as the champion Ouija Board went on to victory.
The Irish-bred My Typhoon is assigned 116 pounds, six pounds less than her main rival, the Todd Pletcher-trained Cassydora.
Green Hills Farm's Cassydora, bred in Great Britain, has back-to-back wins for Pletcher in the U.S., including the Endeavour Stakes one month ago over the Tampa grass course. John Velazquez has the return engagement.
$150,000 Hillsborough Stakes (gr. III, Race 11, 5:15 p.m.)
Fillies & Mares 4 & Up, 1 1/8 Miles (Turf)
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Rich in Spirit (FL), 116, Jose Lezcano
2. Jacaranda Jane (SAF), 116, Carlos Montalvo
3. Marge S (KY), 116, Enrique M. Jurado
4. On a Cloud (PA), 116, Daniel Centeno
5. Masseuse (KY), 116, Elvis Trujillo
6. My Typhoon (IRE), 116, Eddie Castro
7. Warrior Girl (KY), 118, Vernon Bush
8. Chic Dancer (KY), 116, Rajiv Maragh
9. Cassydora (GB), 122, John R. Velazquez
10. Shared Dreams (GB), 116, Calvin H. Borel
Copyright © 2013 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.