Racing fans can experience all of the action from the 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr.I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) prep seasons in a new way this year, through the official Web site of the Kentucky Derby, www.kentuckyderby.com. Churchill Downs will offer free video podcasts for the two prep seasons featuring updates on the contenders, replays of prep races, and interviews with top handicappers. The racetrack will host the 133rd running of the Kentucky Oaks May 4 and the 133rd Kentucky Derby May 5.
There are four video feeds available to podcast subscribers. One feed offers replays of Derby prep races and another replays Oaks prep races. The other two video streams offer updates and handicappers’ commentary for the two trails. Recent prep races featured in the Churchill Downs podcasts include the $200,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita, the $350,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) and the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) both run at Gulfstream.
The video feeds covering the trail to the Derby and the Oaks offer weekly analysis from regional bloggers including handicappers John Asher and Jill Byrne.
The Derby and Oaks podcasts are available through www.kentuckyderby.com and the official Kentucky Oaks Web site, www.kentuckyoaks.com. Visitors to the Web sites can subscribe to the service and view prep races directly from their computers. Podcasts can also be downloaded from iTunes and uploaded directly to iPods.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap