Bay Meadows, hampered by wet weather that has made filling races difficult, announced Friday that it is canceling the live programs scheduled for March 7 and 14.
Rainy weather has interfered with training at the track and prevented the carding of turf races at the Northern California track.
“The decision was prompted by the difficulty in filling races,” said Jack Liebau, president of the Bay Meadows Racing Association.
Liebau said he was hopeful Bay Meadows would be able to resume its normal Wednesday-through-Sunday schedule beginning March 21.
Bay Meadows and facilities in the Northern California simulcast network will be open the next two Wednesdays for simulcast wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk