Bay Meadows, hampered by wet weather that has made filling races difficult, announced Friday that it is canceling the live programs scheduled for March 7 and 14.
Rainy weather has interfered with training at the track and prevented the carding of turf races at the Northern California track.
“The decision was prompted by the difficulty in filling races,” said Jack Liebau, president of the Bay Meadows Racing Association.
Liebau said he was hopeful Bay Meadows would be able to resume its normal Wednesday-through-Sunday schedule beginning March 21.
Bay Meadows and facilities in the Northern California simulcast network will be open the next two Wednesdays for simulcast wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/17/2014
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby