For the fourth year, renowned Kentucky bourbon distiller Maker's Mark will release a limited edition bottle commemorating the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park. Proceeds from sales of the 2007 bottle will benefit charities chosen by this year's celebrity spokesmen, Cincinnati Reds legends Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall.
Maker's Mark will produce only 3,000 of the specially designed bottles, which go on sale March 16 at local retail outlets. In addition to outlets in Northern Kentucky, this year the bottle also will be available for the first time at outlets in Greater Cincinnati.
The label of the 375-millimeter bottle evokes the cover of a baseball complete with embossed "stitching" and depicts Brennaman and Nuxhall in the Reds broadcast booth. Each bottle is numbered and hand-dipped in Maker's Mark's signature red wax, and each carries a hang tag describing the selected charities, the Reds Community Fund and One Way Farm Children's Home. Expected proceeds of $25,000 from sales of the bottle will be shared equally by the two non-profit groups.
Brennaman, Nuxhall, and Maker's Mark president Bill Samuels Jr. will be at Turfway Park from 10 a.m. to noon on Lane's End Stakes day March 24 to sign this year's bottles. Each collector may bring a maximum of two bottles to be autographed.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19