For the fourth year, renowned Kentucky bourbon distiller Maker's Mark will release a limited edition bottle commemorating the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park. Proceeds from sales of the 2007 bottle will benefit charities chosen by this year's celebrity spokesmen, Cincinnati Reds legends Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall.
Maker's Mark will produce only 3,000 of the specially designed bottles, which go on sale March 16 at local retail outlets. In addition to outlets in Northern Kentucky, this year the bottle also will be available for the first time at outlets in Greater Cincinnati.
The label of the 375-millimeter bottle evokes the cover of a baseball complete with embossed "stitching" and depicts Brennaman and Nuxhall in the Reds broadcast booth. Each bottle is numbered and hand-dipped in Maker's Mark's signature red wax, and each carries a hang tag describing the selected charities, the Reds Community Fund and One Way Farm Children's Home. Expected proceeds of $25,000 from sales of the bottle will be shared equally by the two non-profit groups.
Brennaman, Nuxhall, and Maker's Mark president Bill Samuels Jr. will be at Turfway Park from 10 a.m. to noon on Lane's End Stakes day March 24 to sign this year's bottles. Each collector may bring a maximum of two bottles to be autographed.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field