Ga Hai completed back-to-back victories in 1976 when the race was known as the Arcadia Handicap.
Eastern-based Mike Smith has the riding assignment on Milk It Mick, the 6-year-old trained by James Cassidy for Paul Dixon. Milk It Mick has earnings of $659,967 from a 6-4-6 record in 25 career starts. The Kilroe will be the seventh race.
A full field of 12 is entered in the Kilroe, contested on the Santa Anita lawn.
The race also draws the Julio Canani-trained Charmo, winner of the San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf last summer. The 6-year-old carries top weight of 118 pounds.
The Japanese-bred Silent Name won the Arcadia Handicap (gr. IIT) last year before finishing off the board in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in November. Plans previously called for Silent Name, a 5-year-old son of Sunday Silence, to stand at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs in 2007.
Fast Parade, a winner of six consecutive sprint races including the Impressive Luck on Santa Anita' downhill turf course Jan. 10, attempts to stretch out for trainer Peter Miller.
$300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT), 4 & Up (Turf)
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Grafton (FL), 111, Michael C. Baze
2. Silent Name (JPN), 115, Corey S. Nakatani
3. Milk It Mick (GB), 116, Mike E. Smith
4. Porto Santo (FR), 115, Brice Blanc
5. Terroplane (FR), 114, Jose Valdivia, Jr.
6. Charmo (FR), 118, Garrett K. Gomez
7. Fast Parade (WA), 116, Victor Espinoza
8. Three Valleys (KY), 116, David R. Flores
9. After Market (KY), 114, Alex O. Solis
10. Kip Deville (OK), 115, Richard Migliore
11. Boule d'Or (IRE), 113, Danny Sorenson
12. Bayeux (KY), 114, Julien R. Leparoux
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- Bad Debt, Philly Ace Tropical Turf Topweights
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill