Churchill Downs and UPS are teaming up to bring the horsepower of the Kentucky Derby to NASCAR. The two companies unveiled a special Kentucky Derby 133 paint scheme Feb. 23 that will be featured on the #44 UPS Toyota Camry driven by champion Dale Jarrett as he competes in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway on April 29.
The unveiling also launched the “Off to the Races delivered by UPS Sweepstakes,” an online contest that will provide one lucky fan with two tickets to the race at Talladega and the 133rd running of the Kentucky Derby to be held at Churchill Downs on May 5. The prize package will also include round-trip airfare for two, accommodations and ground transportation at both events. A special meet-and-greet with Dale Jarrett at Talladega will also be featured as part of the exciting prize package.
Thoroughbred racing and NASCAR will also combine during Kentucky Derby Week when Churchill Downs hosts a special appearance by Jarrett on May 2. The Kentucky Derby-themed #44 UPS Toyota Camry will also be on display at the racetrack.
"Teaming the thrills of NASCAR and Thoroughbred racing in this sweepstakes has created one of the greatest prize packages in the entire world of sports,” said Bob Evans, Churchill Downs Incorporated President and CEO.
The “Off to the Races Delivered by UPS Sweepstakes” does not require any purchase. Fans can enter at www.racing.ups.com beginning at 10 a.m. (all times Eastern) on Feb. 24, and continuing until midnight on April 4. Contestants must be 21 or older and residents of the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico