Churchill Downs and UPS are teaming up to bring the horsepower of the Kentucky Derby to NASCAR. The two companies unveiled a special Kentucky Derby 133 paint scheme Feb. 23 that will be featured on the #44 UPS Toyota Camry driven by champion Dale Jarrett as he competes in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway on April 29.
The unveiling also launched the “Off to the Races delivered by UPS Sweepstakes,” an online contest that will provide one lucky fan with two tickets to the race at Talladega and the 133rd running of the Kentucky Derby to be held at Churchill Downs on May 5. The prize package will also include round-trip airfare for two, accommodations and ground transportation at both events. A special meet-and-greet with Dale Jarrett at Talladega will also be featured as part of the exciting prize package.
Thoroughbred racing and NASCAR will also combine during Kentucky Derby Week when Churchill Downs hosts a special appearance by Jarrett on May 2. The Kentucky Derby-themed #44 UPS Toyota Camry will also be on display at the racetrack.
"Teaming the thrills of NASCAR and Thoroughbred racing in this sweepstakes has created one of the greatest prize packages in the entire world of sports,” said Bob Evans, Churchill Downs Incorporated President and CEO.
The “Off to the Races Delivered by UPS Sweepstakes” does not require any purchase. Fans can enter at www.racing.ups.com beginning at 10 a.m. (all times Eastern) on Feb. 24, and continuing until midnight on April 4. Contestants must be 21 or older and residents of the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field