Presti rode his first race in 1957 and his first winner came at Delaware Park in the summer of 1958. He continued as a jockey until 1972. At one point, he was not only riding horses but also took out his trainer's license during the same period.
Presti retired in 1998, having spent his last 12 years training at Philadelphia Park.
He is survived by his wife, Christine, and children Christopher, Carol, Rosemarie, and Robert.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback