Presti rode his first race in 1957 and his first winner came at Delaware Park in the summer of 1958. He continued as a jockey until 1972. At one point, he was not only riding horses but also took out his trainer's license during the same period.
Presti retired in 1998, having spent his last 12 years training at Philadelphia Park.
He is survived by his wife, Christine, and children Christopher, Carol, Rosemarie, and Robert.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia