TVG, in partnership with Emerald Downs, is expanding its live coverage from Japan for the third year in a row in 2007 and will air 15 live racing events concluding with the presentation of the Japan Cup (Jpn-I) on Nov. 24.
All TVG programming from Japan will air at 10 p.m. PT.
TVG is able to air Japanese racing as result of an agreement with the Japan Racing Association, which granted TVG exclusive Japanese racing telecast and advance deposit wagering rights in the U.S.
TVG’s opening night coverage from Japan featured the February Stakes (Jpn-I) Feb. 18, a one-mile race for older horses.
“Our partnership with the Japan Racing Association represents our commitment to secure the very best in international racing for our U.S. audience,” said Tony Allevato, TVG senior vice president and executive producer.
Wagering on the Japanese races through TVG comes via Emerald Downs, the Seattle track that serves as North American host for JRA racing.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY