TVG, in partnership with Emerald Downs, is expanding its live coverage from Japan for the third year in a row in 2007 and will air 15 live racing events concluding with the presentation of the Japan Cup (Jpn-I) on Nov. 24.
All TVG programming from Japan will air at 10 p.m. PT.
TVG is able to air Japanese racing as result of an agreement with the Japan Racing Association, which granted TVG exclusive Japanese racing telecast and advance deposit wagering rights in the U.S.
TVG’s opening night coverage from Japan featured the February Stakes (Jpn-I) Feb. 18, a one-mile race for older horses.
“Our partnership with the Japan Racing Association represents our commitment to secure the very best in international racing for our U.S. audience,” said Tony Allevato, TVG senior vice president and executive producer.
Wagering on the Japanese races through TVG comes via Emerald Downs, the Seattle track that serves as North American host for JRA racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts