“We believe research is vitally important to the industry’s ability to solve health and soundness problems,” said the partnership’s managing partner Vikki Burnham. “Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has a proven record of efficient use of donations, and we are pleased to make a contribution derived from breeders who patronize Louis Arthur.”
“This is a very generous plan, and we appreciate the partnership’s creativity,” said Edward L. Bowen, president of the Grayson foundation. “This is an excellent way to generate income for research without the stallion manager relinquishing any control over the horse’s book of mares.”
Louis Arthur is a winning son of the noted stallion Relaunch and out of the graded stakes-placed Seattle Slew mare Mackenzie Slew. He won five races on the dirt and is a half-brother to the Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) winner and course record setter Top Commander (by Kingmambo).
Louis Arthur, 10, entered stud in 2005 and stands for $1,500 live foal at Chesterfield Farm in Queen Creek, Ariz. He is nominated to the Breeders’ Cup. Further information is available from www.LouisArthur.com or calling (480) 694-1295.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice