The impressive 3-year-old maiden winner Curlin left trainer Helen Pitts' Gulfstream Park barn Thursday for trainer Steve Asmussen's at Fair Grounds in New Orleans following the completion of a private sale by Midnight Cry Stable to Satish Sanan, Jess Jackson and George Bolton.
The son of Smart Strike romped to a 12 3/4-length victory in his career debut in south Florida Saturday. Pitts said she was looking into stakes races for his potential next start.
“It's sad and disappointing, but that's the business,” she said.
Curlin is out of the Deputy Minister mare Sheriff's Deputy and was a $57,000 Keeneland September yearling.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win