The Pick 6, a wager popular on each coast, gained popularity in the Midwest last fall with a pair of large carryovers during the Hawthorne meet. The takeout was previously set at 25%. A consolation payout for 5 of 6 winners will also be added when a perfect ticket is hit.
“By making these changes, we estimate that it will take much less time for the pool to grow to $100,000,” said John Walsh, Hawthorne’s director of simulcasting. “Additionally, for those who play often, we wanted to rewarded our players when they hit on 5 of 6, even when a perfect ticket is hit.”
Live racing at Hawthorne runs Feb. 23 through April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return