A Thoroughbred stakes schedule with more than $1.5 million in purse money is slated for the 2007 Canterbury Park race meet in Shakopee, Minn., that begins on May 5. The schedule is highlighted by the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes on July 14.
Run at one mile on the John Deere Turf Course, the Lady Canterbury attracts top distaff turf runners from throughout the Midwest.
Another highlight is the Minnesota Festival of Champions on Aug. 19. Comprised of seven races restricted to Minnesota-breds, the Festival offers purses totaling $335,000.
Total purse money for the 68-day meet will exceed $10.3 million. Daily purse distribution will average an estimated $150,000. The 17-week Canterbury Park season will continue through Labor Day on Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners