Stewards at Golden Gate Fields fined trainer Art Sherman $3,000 for a Class III violation of California rules after a horse in his care, Fargoabargain, tested in excess of the permitted level for the bronchodilator clenbuterol.
The fine was in accordance with a stipulated agreement between Sherman and the California Horse Racing Board.
Fargoabargain finished first in the fourth race at Bay Meadows on May 14, 2006. The stewards ordered a redistribution of the purse.
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win