Stewards at Golden Gate Fields fined trainer Art Sherman $3,000 for a Class III violation of California rules after a horse in his care, Fargoabargain, tested in excess of the permitted level for the bronchodilator clenbuterol.
The fine was in accordance with a stipulated agreement between Sherman and the California Horse Racing Board.
Fargoabargain finished first in the fourth race at Bay Meadows on May 14, 2006. The stewards ordered a redistribution of the purse.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses