HorseRacing TV will present live coverage of Oaklawn Park's 56-day winter racing season when the Hot Springs, Ark., track kicks off its meeting Jan. 19.
HRTV's coverage will include the live airing of the majority of the Oaklawn races, as well as expert analysis from the network's stable of on-camera personalities. HRTV will also carry the Oaklawn Park replay show the following morning.
The opening day nine-race card is topped by the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes at 5 1/2 furlongs, which has drawn a robust field of 13 starters.
The Oaklawn racing session continues through April 14. The track conducts racing primarily four days a week (Thursday through Sunday) in January and February, and expands to five days a week (Wednesday-Sunday) in March and April. Weekday and Sunday post time is 1:30 p.m. CT/11:30 a.m. PT., while Saturday's first post is 1:00 p.m. CT/11:00 a.m. PT.
Oaklawn has 26 stakes races slated for the meeting, with the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. II), a prominent Triple Crown prep race, set for closing day. Other outstanding stakes events include: the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) and $500,000 Apple Blossom (gr. I) on April 7, and the $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) on April 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses