With considerable participation Sunday from such regional markets as Texas, Florida, and Illinois, gross sales topped the $70 million mark with one day remaining in Keeneland’s January Horses of All Ages Sale.
Through seven sessions of the eight-day auction, Keeneland has sold 1,668 horses for $70,949,400, second highest total in the history of the January Sale. The average is $42,536, and the median is $16,000.
At the conclusion of last year’s seven-day sale, Keeneland had sold 1,628 horses for a record $72,329,100. The average was $44,428 and the median was $16,000.
A 6-year-old broodmare prospect by Sky Classic brought $110,000 to top Sunday’s session. Eagle Valley Farm bought Sky Dreams from the consignment of Taylor Made Sales Agency.
Sky Dreams earned $192,319 and finished second in the Yerba Buena Breeders’ Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) during her racing career. She is out of stakes-placed All Slew, who is by Slew City Slew.
During Sunday’s session, 202 horses brought $1,849,600, an average of $9,156 and a median of $4,350. Last year, 185 horses brought $1,402,000, an average of $7,578 and a median of $4,700.
Monday’s final session starts at 10 a.m.
Hip-by-Hip Results from Keeneland
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain