Emerald Downs was approved for a 91-day live racing season by the Washington Horse Racing Commission Jan. 11. Opening day will be on April 20.
Closing day is set for Sept 30. Purses for the 2007 meet will be held at 2006 record levels due to a continued economic supplement from the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe.
"Our partnership with the Muckleshoot Tribe provides the economic foundation to the racing industry," said Emerald Downs President Ron Crockett. "The arrangement continues, without question, to greatly enhance the benefits of owning, breeding and racing horses in Washington."
The stand, which primarily offers live racing Thursday through Sunday, will also include special live racing on May 28, July 4 and Sept. 3.
Emerald Downs will also continue to provide multiple-card simulcasting throughout the 2007 season.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog