Emerald Downs was approved for a 91-day live racing season by the Washington Horse Racing Commission Jan. 11. Opening day will be on April 20.
Closing day is set for Sept 30. Purses for the 2007 meet will be held at 2006 record levels due to a continued economic supplement from the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe.
"Our partnership with the Muckleshoot Tribe provides the economic foundation to the racing industry," said Emerald Downs President Ron Crockett. "The arrangement continues, without question, to greatly enhance the benefits of owning, breeding and racing horses in Washington."
The stand, which primarily offers live racing Thursday through Sunday, will also include special live racing on May 28, July 4 and Sept. 3.
Emerald Downs will also continue to provide multiple-card simulcasting throughout the 2007 season.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability