Mistical Plan, beaten favorite in Hollywood Park’s Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, can make amends in Saturday's $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles at Santa Anita.
Trained by Doug O'Neill, Mistical Plan faded to eighth in the Hollywood Starlet after a forwardly placed effort, well beaten by the victorious Romance Is Diane as the 5-2 favorite.
She won Oak Tree’s Cover Girl Stakes by 7 ¼ lengths in October before a second-place finish in the Pocahontas Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
The California-bred daughter of Game Plan has earned $85,281 from a 2-1-0 mark in five starts. She drew the outside post in the field of nine.
Also coming out of the Starlet is Runway Rosie, who finished 10th. Runway Rosie, who won the Sharp Cat Stakes at Hollywood Park for trainer David Hofmans, carries top weight of 122 pounds, six more than Mistical Plan.
Baroness Thatcher, scratched from the Starlet by trainer Patrick Biancone, has been off since a sixth-place finish in the Pocahontas in October.
$100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III, Race 7, 3:36 p.m.), 3-Year-Old Fillies, 1 1/16 Miles
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Baroness Thatcher (KY), 114, Garrett Gomez
2. Setafire (KY), 116, Alex Solis
3. Runway Rosie (KY), 122, Richard Migliore
4. Adoradora (KY), 114, Jorge Chavez
5. Le Cirque (KY), 116, Aaron Gryder
6. Back in the Shade (FL), 114, Victor Espinoza
7. Kimmy Potter (KY), 116, Jon Court
8. Seaside Affair (KY), 114, Martin Garcia
9. Mistical Plan (CA), 114, Corey Nakatani